Thursday, November 16, 2006

Awaiting my new Macbook

I just ordered a new Macbook with the new Core 2 Duo Intel chip, 2 GB RAM and 160GB HDD. I also ordered a wireless keyboard, mouse and photo printer.



It may sound foolish to spend more than $2000 on a small mac when there are so many "better" value-for-money laptops available. Its just that I wanted to buy a mac for a long time for their software. I use iMovies and iDVD a lot (at a friends place). The rest of the environment like Eclipse, Java, Ruby etc is all the same. I would also like to buy the Final Cut Express soon.

The 13 inch is just right for me because I like to move around with it and use an external monitor when at home. I dont need the video card because I dont play 3D games on it (thats what Xbox and Playstation is for ;) ). I am planning to connect my Macbook to my 37" HDTV and use it as a monitor while I sit back with the wireless keyboard and mouse. I also plan to load Windows on it with Parallels software.



I hope to post blogs more often (starting with my first impressions about the Macbook), once I get my new laptop (I gave away my old one and have only the office laptop). It should arrive early next week.



The specs are...



Macbook 13 inch White (Z0DT)

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM

160GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

Superdrive 6x Dual Layer DVD Read/Write

No Modem

Apple Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter



Canon PIXMA MP600 All-in-one photo printer

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse

Bluetooth Apple Keyboard

1 Comments:

Anonymous Macbook 13 said...

I recommend the MacBook 13 to anyone who is buying a new laptop, It is one of the best laptops i have ever owned!

July 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home