Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Golf swing evaluation

A friend from the local amateur tour got me a Free Swing evaluation and lesson at his GolfTec. I promptly took the offer.

They attach a couple of devices that measure angles to your body and record your swings. I made 5 swings out of which 3 were decent. The instructor picked my worst swing to prove that I need a set of lessons (I understand that he is there to sell the service too).

The result showed up as a set of angles at address, top of the back swing, impact and end of follow through. I was very pleased to see that many of my angles were in "green", a few in yellow and one in red.

Then he compared my swing to Tiger's!!! Of course you see a lot of room for improvement but it is good for now or till I become a scratch golfer.

Then he gave me a lesson to fix my only "red" angle. Obviously he wanted me to also follow it up with another 25 lessons at $1600 this year. I never like to make a decision hastly in such pressure situations. So I told him that I will think about it.



At home I did work on his tip and went out to play a round on Friday. It did improve my shots and ball-contact.

Overall I am leaning towards getting the package. I think I need help to bring down my handicap to a single digit.
I love this game but I wish it was cheaper. Anyway my immediate goal is to win the C flight of the Houston Amateur tour on Sunday at Cypress Lakes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home