Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Nothing much.. still hopeful


The daily chores remain the same this year too :P. Somebody told me that if you are confused as to what you want to achieve or aspire for, do a thinking exercise. The exercise was to visualize what your ideal day would be like.. what you would be doing hour after hour and so on. Now think about how to work towards such a position/ situation in life.



A similar exercise about life was to visualize your funeral. Imagine that you became a ghost who can overhear all that people are talking about to you in private and public. Now think what you would _actually_ like them to feel/ say about you. Is your relation with any/ all of those people assembled there close to what you want it to be?

Now you know which of your present relations to improve. It also gives a flash of the reality that your life is after all very short and it is most important to live it fully and be useful/ valuable to people around you... living a fuller and not a longer life!



Even though these exercises are very simple and some consider them so childish, I like the simplicity itself and I do it often. I did it today. So I feel like being nice to all whom I meet for the next few days :-)



Few years back my dad bought me a new shirt and I wanted to try it on. The packing had a lot of pins and I was taking them out one after the other. Unknowingly I kept one between my teeth instead of putting it in the plastic bag itself.. I don't know why! I was busy looking into the mirror checking how well the shirt suited me.. That’s when my mother me called from the drawing room.. I answered with a "Yeahhh" and the pin went inside (or at least I thought it did)!!


I tried to cough and spit it out because I felt that it was stuck somewhere in my throat. My mother came running hearing the strange noises. I mimed to her that the pin went inside.


I was immediately taken to the hospital. On the way I thought how funny the whole incident was and how a trivial thing like this could change your life.


Obviously the X-rays did not find any pin in my body or it just went through my system the next day (the doctor asked me to eat a lot of fiber). That’s why I am here to write this blog today. So be good to the people around you and feel good about it. All this hatred and sophistication is just not worth it. Just a thought :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home